I have a lifelong infatuation with kiss-lock purses. I think it came from my mum. I remember she had a beaded white/gold one a long time ago, wherein she kept change and coins, and from which she would sometimes dig out a few shillings for me to buy candies with.
I’ve been wanting to crochet a kiss-lock purse for a long time and finally got down to doing it. My first attempt was using a glue-on silver frame but it was unsatisfactory so I hunted high and low and discovered these beautiful antique bronze/matt gold sew-on frames which come with a pair of hearts and a little handle where you could hang a chain. Sweet!
And the best part is, the sewing is not only more durable but also a simpler process than glueing it on! Really! I hope you like this and try out my Sweethearts Crocheted Purse DIY Kit; or if you know a craft-loving friend who may like this, gift it (let me know and I can gift-wrap it for you for free)!
This limited edition DIY kit features an antique bronze kiss-clasp purse frame which opens with a twist of a pair of sweethearts. Finished purse is about 8cm wide.
To add to the loveliness, I have added a short chain and a purse-charm that dangles from the frame, making it easy for you to reach for the purse in your bag.
Helpful photo instructions demonstrating advanced stitches (popcorn stitch) and critical steps (sewing the purse bottom and to the frame) will be provided for guidance!
However, this kit is intended for those with at least basic crochet stitch knowledge who already know how to chain, slip stitch, single crochet and double crochet.
You will get:
– Pattern instructions for the crocheted purse – in words and also in symbolic form.
– 1 antique bronze kiss-clasp purse frame (sew-on type)
– 1 crochet hook (4/0 or 2.5mm) – You may opt for a kit without the hook and get $2 off the kit price
– 1 skein of Summer Cotton Mini yarn
– 1 chain & charm (which is easily removed via the split ring)
– 1 tapestry needle
– Charms and colours of yarn will be preselected according to stock availability.
– Pre-orders on or before 23 Jan will be shipped on 24 Jan 2014, Friday itself.
– Pre-orders after 23 – 30 Jan will be shipped on 3 Feb 2014, Mon, after the Lunar New Year holidays.
– Orders close by 30 Jan 2014.
– Overseas buyers please email me using the ‘Contact’ form.
Get your kit here.