Barely a wink, and both Christmas and New Year are behind us now. Did all that really just whizz me by? I guess I’ve really been caught up in the excitement of planning new fun-stuff for ‘Sewinlove 2014′.
- New workshop content for both beginners and advanced crocheters (especially excited about the new lace-making classes rolling out this year from hairpin lace to knotting and tatting lace!)
- New jewellery designs (vintage-inspired lace finery, modern appeal handmade with age-old traditional techniques from centuries back)
- New limited edition crochet DIY kits, packed full of handpicked materials and extra goodies and surprises, for crafters and crocheters to look forward dipping their hands and hooks into.
- New yarns, from handpainted, handspun yarns to premium pure creamy mulberry silks to give crocheters and fibre hobbyists in Singapore a visual, tactile treat in their craft adventures
That, in a nutcase, is the Sewinlove 2014 Plan. Lots of work to be done!
For January, I am happy to share that the first crochet DIY kit of the year is now ready for preorders!
This Valentine’s Day, surprise your special one by hand-making a gift as a token of your heartfelt appreciation with Sewinlove’s lovely Golden Crown & Hearts Key-Chain.
This unique, limited edition DIY kit is handpicked and put together by me. It will feature select limited pieces from my antique bronze collection of key charms and collectible “I Miss You” postcards which are inscribed in 30 different languages (the reverse of the postcard will state the language origin and meaning of the phrase).
You will get:
- Pattern instructions for the crocheted crown
- 1 double-sided crochet hook (3/0 and 4/0)
- 1 tapestry needle
- 20 m of gold yarn (more than enough to make several crowns)
- 1 heart-shaped key ring with chain and split ring to easily hang the crown from
- 1 key charm (each kit will get a different key charm specially selected from my personal collection of antique bronze key charms)
- 1 vintage-inspired postcard emblazoned with “I miss you” in a foreign language (each kit will feature a different language)
- 1 antique bronze crown brooch (for yourself!)
- 1 self-sealing clear plastic gift-bag with gold decorative edgings for you to package and gift your crown key-chain in.
Gift fit for a King! Your gift of this handmade Crown & Hearts key-chain will surely be worth its weight in gold!
Please kindly note:
- Pre-orders before 18 Jan will be shipped on 18 Jan 2014 itself.
- Pre-orders on or after 18 Jan will be shipped on 25 Jan.
- Orders close by 25 Jan 2014.
- Pattern instructions will be provided in text and also in symbolic form; however no photo instructions will be provided as this kit is intended for those with basic crochet stitch knowledge. You will need to know how to chain, slip stitch, single crochet and treble crochet.
- Overseas buyers please email me using the contact form.
If you would like a set, please order here.
Here’s wishing everyone a truly meaningful new year with aspirations ablaze, hopes on high and lots of love in everything we do for the people who matter most.